Sunday 12 April 2009

Back on track...........just about

So a week of mixed emotions.....

Started off on monday with a 20 minute tester to see how the legs were. My shins and ankles felt slightly strange but there were no ill reactions post run, so I upped it to 30mins on Tuesday morning. Again I felt fine and so decided to go on the track that evening. I did 6x 3minutes off 2mins recovery, and it felt amazing to be running on the track for the first time in 18 months :) However straight after the session I knew I had done too much....

Role on to Saturday and I managed 40 minutes easy running, the first run I had managed since Tuesdays exploits. I definately paid for my lack of patience...

On a brighter note, the weather here in Blackburn is gorgeous, maybe even as nice as what my training group from Loughborough are experiencing in South Africa.....yeh right!! Spent yesterday afternoon at Rivington Pike, where Tom Cee put in a decent performance to finish 3rd, and then did another 40mins this morning in the sun once again! Apart from that there hasn't been that much excitement really. Lets just hope I can be sensible over the next week or so and not upset my recovery.

I'll keep you posted,

Pete

P.S Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment