Wednesday 11 March 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my blog, this is my first blog entry, something thats been a long time coming. I started at Loughborough University back in September and am studying Human Biology. I also chose Loughborough for its athletics reputation, which I'm sure you will all be aware of.

Since arriving in Loughborough I have loved every moment I have spent here, and wouldn't wish to be anywhere else. I am enjoying my degree as well as enjoying training under the guidance of George Gandy. Unfortunately I'm not training properly at the moment as I underwent surgery on my shins 3 weeks ago, which will have hopefully sorted out the compartment syndrome I have been suffering with for the last 2 years.

However just this afternoon, I was given the all clear by the physio's to step up my rehab to aqua-jogging, and then hopefully some light jogging at the weekend!!! Exciting times!! This should hopefully mean I can have a track season this year, which is fantastic news. I don't know how fit I will be but I am sure to smash my pb's from an injury disrupted season two years ago.

My current pb's are:
400m - 53
800m - 1.58.1
1500m - 4.00.0
3000m - n/a

Thanks for reading,

Pete


No comments:

Post a Comment