Thursday 11 March 2010

No news is bad news!

So as usual, I have had a number of problems which have interrupted my training and racing, and as always, I lost motivation to write on here. But as you have probably guessed (since I am writing again) things are back on track. I have been running for 14 days, and touch wood, haven’t run into any problems. I did my first session on Tuesday, which consisted of a 20min tempo (5.18’s) and then 8 x 40sec hill @ 3k pace, 30sec hill @ 1500m pace. The two hills were of differing gradients, the first one slightly gentler. The recoveries were a slow jog down to the bottom of the next hill. Surprisingly the session went pretty well, but the main thing was I came away in one piece.

Just so you know, I tore my calf the week before the Northerns, but still tried to race, which ended in me dropping out, and in turn led to me missing the National. This was what my whole winter had been built towards so it was a big blow, especially as it would have been my last ever junior race.... However I did keep fit in the mean time, with lots of cycling, aqua jogging, and conditioning.
I will try and give you another update next week, with some more exciting news, and hopefully I will still be in one piece!

Thanks for reading,
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment