Thursday 25 March 2010

Portugal

So I sit here, with the rain lashing down outside my window. As depressing as this is, it doesn’t bother me too much! Why you may ask? Well on Monday I will be in sunny (hopefully) Portugal for a full three and a half weeks!!! I cannot wait.

Since my last blog I have had yet another setback, in the form of an inflamed Achilles insertion, which forced me to take a few days off and then come back very slowly. However I am on the mend now! I saw the physio for the 2nd and hopefully final time this afternoon and got pretty much the all clear. I have been running for 30-40mins a day, and so am not loosing anything, and yesterday I even did a big bike session with the triathletes. So it’s just a case of easing back into faster running now, either on Saturday or on Tuesday when I’m out in Portugal. I’m just praying for some solid and consistent training and then hopefully I will be running at BUCS (British University Champs) on the 1st May.

Whilst in Portugal, we are staying in the Old Village in Vilamoura, and I know there are a lot of other British athletes staying in the area, which should be great for training! My brother is also going to be out there with a big group from Blackburn and Preston, which should be good.

I am going to try and get very frequent blogs up while I’m out there, and may even try and get a pre-trip blog up before we go! Let’s hope the next few weeks are both sunny and successful wherever you are training!

No comments:

Post a Comment